[vfio-users] GTX 570 EFI support

gerson moises grsnmoises at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 15:50:03 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I followed the guide on this link : http://vfio.blogspot.my/2014/08/does-my-graphics-card-rom-support-efi.html to check if my graphics card ROM supports EFI
 But I get the following error :

"cat: rom: Input/output error"

What could be the reason ?
I am using vfio-pci and already put the option vfio-pci ids =boot , I followed all the steps and when I reboot I see the GTX 570 is unused.
Or does anyone know whether GTX 570 supports EFI ?

I tried this because whenever I start the VM with a windows 10 guest I have a BSOD loop after installing NVIDIA driver. With Ubuntu guest I also get an error, it says "glx" not found and I cannot successfully login in the guest OS, I just get a blank screen with the Ubuntu logo, although with the Nouveau driver I have no problem and the VM OS actually can see the GTX Graphics card. The problems only begin after installing the NVIDIA drivers. So this is a troubleshooting attempt.

Any idea ?