[vfio-users] Strange behavior with recent update. ACS(?) & VFIO

Mark kram321 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 21:52:05 UTC 2016

​Thank you Samuel.

The initramfs had been regenerated.  It got to the point where I had to
remove ​vfio (and associated modules) from mkinitcpio.conf to restore the
audio devices to the host (for pulse audio to detect).

1.  My cmdline is:
initrd=\initramfs-linux.img
root=PARTUUID=********-****-****-****-************ rw intel_iommu=on

2.  OK thanks for clarifying.

3.  I'm guessing libvirt used to do this automagically when the VM was
shutdown, and it stopped doing so?

4.  OK

After adding vfio modules back to mkinitcpio.conf and regenerating another
initramfs, it is back to working as intended.  Very strange.  Thanks again
Samuel, I'll consider it solved / unable to reproduce.