[vfio-users] GTX 570 EFI support

gerson moises grsnmoises at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 17:15:48 UTC 2016

Thanks,Ben J, it was possible to setup everythig and passthrough GTX 570 in just 1 day and those problems vanished.

 Subject: Re: [vfio-users] GTX 570 EFI support
 To: "Alex Williamson" <alex.williamson at redhat.com>
 Cc: "gerson moises" <grsnmoises at yahoo.com>, vfio-users at redhat.com
 Date: Monday, August 15, 2016, 1:50 PM

 I am currently
 using a GTX 580 for passthrough. The 500 series does not
 support UEFI as far as I'm aware. If I remember
 correctly, that error occured when the card was already
 claimed by something. My card is very finnicky about getting
 claimed so I usually need to 'reboot' the card after
 freeing it from the NVIDIA driver or a VM. I just do this by
 suspending but I'm sure there's another way to power
 cycle just the card. You definitely need to use one of the
 older tutorials, any one that uses EFI won't work for
 you.

 I would try launching the card with PCI stub and then
 pulling the ROM, maybe vfio-pci is somehow claiming the
 card. My current procedure is to launch both GTX 580's
 with PCI stub initially and then bind one to vfio and the
 other to NVIDIA for my host OS. Not sure how to help with
 your specific problem but I can share more about my setup if
 it would help. I'm using a Win 7 guest so that could be
 a difference.

 On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at
 12:36 PM, Alex Williamson <alex.williamson at redhat.com>