[vfio-users] USB >>port<< passthrough

Rokas Kupstys rokups at zoho.com
Tue Aug 23 07:07:39 UTC 2016

Is it possible to pass-through USB port? I know we can pass-through
specific usb devices or entire usb controllers however it is not ideal
in all cases. For instance in my case single pci device drives all usb
ports on the back panel. Naturally i cant pass-through that pci device
because it would leave me without access to the host. Passing through
USB devices is of little use if one wishes to use kvm switch -
mouse/keyboard switched to another port would still have same
vendor/device ids. Is there any solution to this?

--
Rokas Kupstys