[vfio-users] IGD assignment users, please test

Alex Williamson alex.williamson at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 22:24:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

I think maybe we've found the issue that many of you with Skylake or
newer systems were seeing with IGD assignment.  There's a wraparound
issue with the GTT programming, as discovered by Alexander Indenbaum.
I still don't have access to anything newer than Broadwell, so I'm
interested in test reports from anyone that's currently using IGD
assignment or tried previously and maybe didn't get any output or
garbled output, whether on Skylake, Kabylake, or regression testing on
older IGD as well.  Please add the following patch to your QEMU build
and report if it breaks anything, fixes anything, or even if it stays
the same:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-12/msg01600.html

Thanks,
Alex