[vfio-users] In need for some help building acs patch for fedora

thibaut noah thibaut.noah at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 14:59:27 UTC 2016

Hi, i spend almost 3days working on that patch and i cannot find a
comprehensive documentation, basically i like to know what i'm doing and i
don't understand half of what this documentation is talking about since i
have close to none kernel knowledge (
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Building_a_custom_kernel)

If i understand correctly, to apply the patch (
https://lkml.org/lkml/diff/2013/5/30/513/1) i'm suppose to build a kernel
including it and then?...

I created the rpmbuild dir, i downloaded my kernel (at least i think) with
"fedpkg clone -a kernel" and i really don't know what to do next despite
the doc, i think they actually list multiple methods to build the kernel so
this is more confusing than anything else.

Is there someone who knows what he's doing that could land me a hand or
give me a proper documentation?

I tried to use the patch directly with path -p1 < mypatch.txt but the patch
is looking for a source file to patch and i have no idea where is what it's
looking for and it is not specify in the doc (
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/applying-patches.txt)

I use fedora 23 with kernel 4.2.3-300 if that helps