[vfio-users] Sound configuration in windows 10

gui-gui at netcourrier.com gui-gui at netcourrier.com
Sat Feb 27 13:54:05 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have setup a VM with GPU passthrough and everything is working fine now except for the sound.
If I put '-soundhw hda' the sound is choppy and distorted (see attached sample).
If I put '-soundhw ac97', windows 10 doesn't have any drivers.
I'm using alsa as the backend.
I've tried playing with the environment variables to change the frequencies, timers and buffer size, but nothing seems to change much.

For all of you who managed to get your sound working, how did you configure it?

Cheers,

--
Guillaume