[vfio-users] (no subject)

Felix Mayr fm.mayr at tum.de
Sat Jan 2 17:14:14 UTC 2016

Basically I think any modern Intel-platform should be able to do
passtrough if the GPU is the only device on the CPU-PCIe-ports. The only
problem is that these notebook-GPUs might not have any display output
wired up (actually in old notebooks they might be on a muxer which
Windows-drivers can switch). So you have two options: (1) use a solution
like Optimus or Bumblebee/Optirun which renders on the GPU and then
transfers the image into the QXL-framebuffer (wonder if there are any
prereqs for the driver, but still for Linux guests it should be very
much possible to let the QXL-driver do what the Intel driver does) (2)
find a possibility to switch the muxer of your notebook (if it has one)
which should give you an experience very much like switching vts on
Linux – which would be _really_ cool!