[vfio-users] OVMF: Boots only first time after driver installation

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 19:07:16 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 11:49 AM, S B <sb9sb0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The file hw/misc/vfio.c does not exist anymore. I only found DEBUG_VFIO in
> include/hw/vfio/vfio-common.h.
> I compiled the via makepkg and included the patch below, but the output
> does not change.
> I checked the line while compiling and it is changed. I compiled it twice
> and installed it, but the output does not change.
> Maybe it did sth wrong but I do not find my mistake. Any hints?

I'm not sure what you hope to accomplish from this, but vfio has switched
to tracing for debug:

http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=blob;f=docs/tracing.txt

vfio tracing can be enabled by recompiling with the trace backend specified
in that doc and using "vfio*" in the events file and possibly narrowing it
down with various function name refinements.  This will result in an
obscene amount of logging, you're not going to casually spot any problems,
but if you know something about pci and you're willing to track the device
state and the source code paths, have at it, the more the merrier.
Typically you'll also want to add x-mmap=off to the vfio-pci options in
QEMU so that we can trace all mmio accesses to the device.  Thanks,

Alex