[vfio-users] Multiple Audio Issues (Delay/Crackling)

Matthew Symonds matthew.symonds at switchconcepts.com
Tue Jan 12 23:26:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've succeeded in passing my GPU through using both x-vga and (after
patching my GPU ROM) OVMF but I have the same issues with audio on both
setups.

If either of the two following issues could be resolved I would be able to
switch from my dual boot setup.

1. When using a ich6 sound card with codec=micro the microphone input has a
20-25second delay.

2. When passing though my onboard sound card (Realtek ALC898) instead of
using an ich6 sound card i get huge distortion of sound (popping &
crackling)

 I have tried enabling MSI to no effect.

Any suggestions on what to try next would be great.

Thanks
 - Matt