[vfio-users] intel skylake passthrough

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 16:03:23 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 8:26 AM, nicolas prochazka <
prochazka.nicolas at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I just need a confimation,
> with my nuc broadwell I can do passthrough of my sound card without
> problem,
> because of a good iommu group, but it seems impossible with my new skylake
> nuc
> group 7 is not viable ......
>
> please, tell me that a solution is possible .

Not without the ACS override patch, Intel really did a disservice to device
assignment users with how they've combined more devices into multifunction
sets on skylake and didn't bother to implement ACS.  We've had confirmation
that some of the I219 NICs are isolated and we have quirks for them, but
apparently not this one.  There's little hope of getting anyone's attention
to verify whether the audio function is isolated.  Thanks,

Alex