[vfio-users] Can't passthrough GTX 750 to Linux guest

Lucas Kückelhaus lucas at kuckelhaus.com
Sat Jan 23 19:38:19 UTC 2016

Hello,

I've been trying to passthrough a Zotac GTX 750 to SteamOS but it
refuses to work.

I've been using OVMF succesfuly for a while now on my GTX 970 with a
Windows 10 guest, so I tried setting up another OVMF machine with
SteamOS, Ubuntu 15.10, and Archlinux. They all work perfectly fine
during boot and in console mode, but as soon as I try starting X it
fails with the following error message:

NVIDIA(GPU-0): The NVIDIA GPU at PCI:2:5:0 is not supported by the
358.16(I've tried other driver versions) NVIDIA driver

If I try nouveau, it crashes the VM.

I tried passing my 970 to the Linux guest and it worked perfectly. I
also tried passing my 750 to my Windows 10 guest and it also works
perfectly there.

I could find no error in libvirt logs.

What could be wrong?

Thanks,