[vfio-users] KMS and vfio modules: vfio fail if active with nvidia

Blank Field ihatethisfield at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 22:40:43 UTC 2016

On Jul 24, 2016 1:33 AM, "sL1pKn07 SpinFlo" <sl1pkn07 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi. i found problems when active the KMS suport for my linux
>
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NVIDIA#DRM_kernel_mode_setting

My phone almost hung up when i pressed "respond inline" button.
Use pastebin or fpaste.

> 07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK110B [GeForce
> GTX TITAN Black] (rev a1)
> 13:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK104 [GeForce
> GTX 770] (rev a1)
>
> my vfio configuration is posted here:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/vfio-users/2016-February/msg00117.html
>
> with this fail. i can't start X and have troubles when reboot the
> machine (the reboot is stoped)
>
> the Nvidia drivers is '367.27'
>
> and the kernel is 'Linux sL1pKn07 4.6.2-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun
> 8 08:40:59 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux'
>
> greetings

Are you trying to do kernel mode setting on one gpu, while trying to vfio
the other one?
AFAIR, vesafb, uvesafb and efifb all grab the first GPU they find and
fiddle with it.
How does your kernel command line looks like? You'll have to deal with
nouveau or nvidia that way or another.