[vfio-users] NVIDIA GPU Passthrough to Win10 - Driver Disabled (Code 43)

Steven Bell stv.bell07 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 05:42:15 UTC 2016

Success!

The cookie goes to Philip for the suggestion that the card wasn't working
in UEFI mode due to firmware.

I flashed a newer version of the firmware on the GPU. Repeating all steps
in my original post resulted in a successful installation and the GPU is
now successfully functioning on the Guest machine.

Alex, I'm a huge fan of your guide. My suggestion would be to add in a line
somewhere about this. Older cards (such as the 600 series) typically had
stock firmware that was BIOS only and (from what I've seen) many of the
cards have updated firmware available that is compatible with UEFI.

Big thanks everyone. Philip, Samuel, Alex, Jayme. Never seen a mailing list
this responsive and helpful.

Steven