[vfio-users] Why does the audio from VM crackle?

Stein van Broekhoven stein at aapjeisbaas.nl
Thu Jun 9 08:21:49 UTC 2016

I have a on motherboard audio card that I can pass through to a vm without issues.
If I do the same with a usb audio device I also get the crackling on playback.
So I suspect it is due to the latency in the emulated usb.

Possible Solutions:
- Pass through a pci audio device. (on motherboard / extra audio card)
- Pass through entire USB controller on pci level (read about this didn't yet try it myself)