[vfio-users] Mobo reccommendations/suggestions ?

Rich Mingin (vfio-users) vfio-users at frags.us
Fri Jun 17 19:31:39 UTC 2016

Others may have different opinions, but I've been hearing over and over
that X79/X99 and the expensive CPUs are the only way to be 100% sure that
passthrough will work correctly. I know I've had my i7-4790K on three
different motherboards, and the *best case* so far has been that all the
CPU-controlled PCIe slots get passed or not as a single unit.

I'm still just lurking and reading, though, so others may know better.

Known to have issues from personal experience (all PCIe slots one ACS
group):
MSI Z97-MATE
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
Asus Z97A-USB3.1