[vfio-users] Nvidia glitches on Windows 10 guest

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:13:46 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Berillions <berillions at gmail.com> wrote:

> You're right, I badly understood the use of Hugepage.
>
> Like you say, 4096 is enough to use 4GB in my VM but unfortunatly with
> this, i still have freeze, corruption in the VM ...
>
> In resume :
> - 4096 Hugepages + 2GB VM = good
> - 4096 Hugepages + 4GB VM = bad

Ok, dumb question... are you actually using hugepages for the VM or just
allocating them on the side?  Because, 4096 hugepages = 8GB, with a 2GB VM
you're not squeezing the host too badly, but a 4GB VM is obviously going to
leave nothing for the host.  You do actually need to configure the VM to
use the hugepages you allocate.  Show your work.