[vfio-users] Preventing host from going into sleep

Colin Godsey crgodsey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:01:06 UTC 2016

I eventually just set up a script that looks for active qemu/kvm instances
every 15 minutes. I set up the guests to hibernate, because for some reason
the… ‘double sleeping’ of the guest and host seem to put the GPUs in a
weird state when it wakes. After this, I just have a systemd hook for
suspend/resume that fires the instances back up when the host wakes.

It actually works pretty flawlessly in the end. I probably sleep/unsleep
the thing a few times a day with no lockups or issues at all, I just have
to make sure i never manually suspend it.