[vfio-users] vfio-pci disable_vga but still t rying to switch....

Samuel Holland samuel at sholland.org
Sun Mar 13 03:34:00 UTC 2016

On 03/12/2016 02:29 PM, Quentin Deldycke wrote:
> Samuel: I enable it. and using this mode, the bios starts on all
> cards, but just after it switch to the r9.  on screen , the output is
> same as the first line. Xorg does not start.

I've found that ASRock boards do not respect the "primary graphics
adapter" setting when using a GOP to initialize the GPU. To get
bootloader/kernel messages on the Intel graphics, you have to enable CSM
and set the video BIOS to "legacy only".

As for Xorg on the host, you will probably have to manually create an
Xorg.conf. This problem is most likely not related to vfio or
virtualization. If you are planning to get a new card for the host
anyway, is there a specific reason you need to use the Intel IGD at
all?

--
Regards,
Samuel Holland <samuel at sholland.org>