[vfio-users] GPU passthrough + emulated VGA

Nick Sukharev nicksukharev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 01:55:07 UTC 2016

At least with AMD you can definitely keep emulated VGA but you won't be
able to clone your monitor on it. On Windows 7 it actually gets disabled
after boot and its window can be only used to grab mouse/keyboard focus and
this way control your VM without having to deal with USB passthrough. I
heard from gurus here that on Windows 8+ you can have both virtual and
physical adapters active but it is very unlikely to allow you cloning the
monitor or even display some 3d rendering results on your emulated monitor.