[vfio-users] two nvidia cards, one for the host with nvidia module

ddio at jr0.de ddio at jr0.de
Tue Mar 15 14:03:17 UTC 2016

Am 2016-03-07 16:55, schrieb Alex Williamson:
> nvidia.ko does not support dynamic unbinding of devices.  I've filed a
> bug with them, they closed it wontfix.  You need to follow the guides
> to have the VM graphics card bound to pci-stub or vfio-pci directly
> rather than letting it bind to nvidia.  See for instance
> http://vfio.blogspot.com/2015/05/vfio-gpu-how-to-series-part-3-host.html

Got it working after an upgrade of my distri, I got Kernel 4.4.5, qemu
2.5 and nvidia-drivers 358, so I don't know which update it finally was.

One issue remains though, If I start the kvm process a second time,
without an reboot of the host, the vm and the host freezes (I guess when
windows is laoding the graphic card driver).

Does someone has this issue also, or is there an known fix/workaround?

Thanks.