[vfio-users] [help] Passing or sharing host temperature and fan speeds to guest?

Nicolas Roy-Renaud nicolas.roy-renaud.1 at ens.etsmtl.ca
Wed Mar 16 17:51:48 UTC 2016

You'd need to passtrhough the virtual ISA bus your sensor IO chip is
connected to, and that's pretty tightly integrated with your
southbridge, so I don't see how that could be doable. Why would you want
that, though? The host and an hypotheric guest with thermal management
access would both use the same methods to control fan speed. Unless you
have a specific reason to use, say, speedfan, you'd probably better off
just configuring lm_sensors or ACPI thermal control correctly.