[vfio-users] cannot boot windows guest after update

thibaut noah thibaut.noah at gmail.com
Thu May 5 14:52:00 UTC 2016

I don't understand, i have only one windows installation and like i said it
boots perfectly if i don't run it with qemu-kvm.

Didn't find a way to install virtio drivers on native windows since they
are not used by the system.
So if i have to do a recovery i can only do it from the vm which i am
unable to do at the moment.

Going into efi sheel and running bootx64 in fso: /efi/boot gets me to the
same repair screen as simply launching the vm.

Also i tried to add windows iso and virtio iso in the hope that i would be
able to do a "repair" by booting on the iso but it seems both disks are not
detected by windows though i added them with virt-manager. (they were
detected a while ago but not anymore).
I'm suppose to seem them on windows repair in the "use a device" screen but
i don't, only efi internal shell.