[vfio-users] VFIO device assignment fails for LSI SAS2008 on Xeon E3-1200 v3

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Tue May 10 22:15:18 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Damon Namod <msg at damon.at> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just tried Linux 4.6.0-rc7 with qemu 2.6.0-rc4. Same error and
> behaviour. What the heck is this?

Could you post 'sudo lspci -vvvs  01:00.0' from the host system?  I found
possibly something more similar to your card and it has rather poor
alignment of the MSI-X structures, I wonder if your issue is something
similar.  Unfortunately this HBA hosts the root disk on the system I found,
so I can't assign it unless I can figure out something else to run the host
from (and I don't have physical access to run from USB).