[vfio-users] Recommended GPU

Dik .... dik23 at hotmail.com
Thu May 12 12:24:32 UTC 2016

I currently have a R9 290x (Hawaii) "working" but it has issues related to this bug covered by this patch: https://goo.gl/DI9cvH

The patch was implemented in QEMU 2.4 and I'm running 2.5. While this patch does seem to help I still have problems. After I shutdown the VM I'm often unable to suspend or shutdown the host. Amongst other symptoms lspci and lshw both hang giving no output. I had none of these issues with an old 7950 I had installed before the 290x.

I've come to the conclusion that the 290x is worth more to me on eBay than in my machine. Question is would I be better off with nVidia and if so does anyone have any feedback with regard to GTX 970 and 980 cards?

Thanks in advance