[vfio-users] VFIO and random host crashes

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Thu May 19 16:00:26 UTC 2016

I'm not convinced the ones I've seen are power related, my system has been
running videos in a loop for days, completed a few folding @home jobs, done
some compiling, and I even added another (idle, low power) video card since
the last hang.  Storage doesn't jive with my observations either.  I'm
still leaning towards some isolcpus/nohz_full interaction, but I haven't
yet started to add those options back.  If you're running a v4.5 kernel,
please be sure to rule out a transparent hugepage issue with
transparent_hugepage=never on the kernel command line or run the latest
stable v4.5.5 release (now fixed).