[vfio-users] VFIO and random host crashes

Colin Godsey crgodsey at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:50:24 UTC 2016

Hmm, yeah I suppose there is still a lot of interaction with the
motherboard as far as device handling/passthrough- could be you maybe had a
chipset issue somewhere that would make the CPU hang.

There’s also a chance that my new BIOS had a fix unrelated to the microcode
that fixed my issues =\ I think my biggest issue was going with a really
new chipset/architecture on consumer-grade mobo. I’m probably one of a few
handfuls of people using VT-d on this board, and I’m guessing it might be
easy to overlook for other manufacturers as well. Or it was just the
skylake bug =\

I think my issue is fixed though. I finally turned off my host after about
3 days of running constantly- worried the paint on the wall behind it might
start peeling from the heat