[vfio-users] Recommendation for LGA2011 board

Jonathan Scruggs j.scruggs at gmail.com
Sat May 28 09:55:26 UTC 2016

I second all the Asrock comments. I always hear good things about those
boards and virtualisation compatibility. I have a GA-X99-UD4, which works
very well with VT-d, but I wouldn't recommend it because I have the first
revision and it seems to loose UEFI boot memory. As in, when I had Windows
on it barebones, it sometimes wouldn't boot because it'd forget
EFI/Microsoft/boox64.efi location. If you have the default
EFI/boot/bootx64.efi, then you are fine as that is always default. Changing
the boot order can even make it not boot and require a bios reset.

However, I needed a board that I could plug in three video cards and a 1x
PCI sound card (USB ones are crap on passthrough). It was the only one I
could find at the time. I'm looking to upgrade it and hopefully solve my
issues.

Cheers.