[vfio-users] Issue about Hyper-V features.

Eddie Yen missile0407 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 03:46:13 UTC 2016

Hi everyone, it takes about so long time that I didn't send message to this
mailing list.

This time I want to ask about the issues on Hyper-V.

IME, we have to set kvm=off and fake Hyper-V name to make driver work if
passing through NVIDIA GPU into KVM.
Also suggest using Win8.1 or Win10 if trying to use OVMF.
(I think OVMF is required now if using newer GPU.)

Few days ago I tried to install Win7 again on OVMF platform without GPU
passthrough, and I also added Hyper-V features inside XML file. All works
fine on my X99 computer platform.
When finish Win7 installation, I pass my GTX980 into VM, still works fine
after installed NVIDIA driver.

And I do the same things on another server, strange is I have to remove
Hyper-V features otherwise Win7 can't boot up, even boot from ISO or
installed system.

Does anyone has suggestion about this?

Thanks,
Eddie.