[vfio-users] Running 2 VMs with assigned GPUs causes both GPUs to crash, unless all virtual disks exist on the same physicakl media as /

Zir Blazer zir_blazer at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 22:53:23 UTC 2016

Do you know if that issue is reproducible in other systems? The Nehalem generation Chipsets had issues with Interrupt Remapping, so when I see people with these systems having issues when using the IOMMU, I would point my finger there first.

You may want to try disabling Interrupt Remapping for the host with intremap=off as Kernel Parameter in your Boot Loader config file and/or enabling Unsafe Interrupts for VFIO with vfio_iommu_type1.allow_unsafe_interrupts=1. I don't know if that can help you, nor if doing that breaks passthrough itself, but if you have no other leads then its worth a try...