[vfio-users] Unable to enable IOMMU

Имя Фамилия vgck at list.ru
Sat Nov 12 03:18:08 UTC 2016

I'm trying to get GPU passthrough to work, but haven't gotten very far. I'm losing my mind trying to figure out what could be the problem. I'm working with a 5820k and an ASUS X99-A II, both of which support IOMMU. I enabled VT-d in the UEFI settings and added intel_iommu=on to GRUB.

I restart, and when I cat /proc/cmdline I can see the option is there there but it had no effect. There's nothing under /sys/kernel/iommu_groups, there is no iommu_group folder under /sys/bus/pci/devices/MYBUS/, and when I grep dmesg I get a generic "DMAR: IOMMU enabled" messages and a warning that I don't have AMD IOMMUv2 functionality but that's it.

dmesg contents: http://ptpb.pw/ZpcL

Any ideas what I'm missing?