[vfio-users] Significant FPS drop with AMD and GTX970

Rokas Kupstys rokups at zoho.com
Mon Oct 10 08:57:06 UTC 2016

You know.. What i am going to tell you will not sound good. My board was
Sabertooth 990-fx R2. My little story is that at first it seemed to run
ok (with r9 270X card). I sinked enough hours to titanfall and it was
great. After good period of time of non-usage (as board was in warranty
service and eventually swapped to brand new board), multiple kernel
updates and migration to archlinux i no longer could get it running as
fast. Now i do not know if i just did not feel slowness initially and it
was always there or if something changed, but i know for a fact that
testing older kernel releases did yield a little bit better performance
(enough that i could notice). So i moved back to dual-booting due to
performance reasons. In the end combination of this and r9 270X
constantly causing entire PC to go down with a red screen i simply
swapped hardware for intel x99 + nvidia gpu. Such is sad story of mine..

Rokas Kupstys