[vfio-users] Pci Passthrough and only une GPU

LOMBARD Maxime berillions at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 10:15:41 UTC 2016

Hi,

I would like to know if it was possible to use only one gpu for the host and guest system.

For example, i use my Nvidia gpu to Linux to play at games, to watch HD videos. And if i want to play on Windows, i do that :

1- close X with systemctl stop gdm3
2- Launch a script which unbind the nvidia driver from my device and bind to vfio driver.
3- launch a script with the qemu command to launch the VM. In this script there is the way to unbind vfio driver and bind nvidia driver when the VM is close.

I found a script which allow to unbind nvidia driver and bind vfio without reboot. lspci -nnk confirm that.

But when i launch the qemu's script, the gpu is correctly used by qemu but i stil have a black screen. The host has a black screen too.

Envoyé de mon iPhone