[vfio-users] Bus reset trouble with Titan-X

Kevin Vasko kvasko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:16:30 UTC 2016

Ah, ok. My bad.

Ran

#: setpci -s 3:00.0 82.w=8:8

SltSta: Status: AttnBtn- PowerFit- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet+ Interlock-
            Changed: MRL- PresDet- LinkState-

#: setpci -s 3:00.0 78.w=20:20

StlSta: Status AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet+ Interlock-
           Changed: MRL- PresDet- LinkState-

When I run lspci -vvs 3:00.0 it is currently in this state

StlSta: Status AttnBtn- PowerFlt- MRL- CmdCplt- PresDet+ Interlock-
           Changed: MRL- PresDet- LinkState-

I didn't realize that I was needing to look at "PresDet", sorry. It does
look like it is different than before so I assume the setpci commands
changed it somewhere.

The device (GPU) is still in the "(rev ff) (prog-if ff)" state.

Do you think this could be a GPU issue? I have not tried a different GPU in
the system. Would it be worthwhile trying an NVidia M4000 to see if I get
the same results or do you think there is a problem with the PLX Riser?

Thanks,

-Kevin