[vfio-users] Host can't wake from suspend after running a passthrough VM

Ryan A Young rayoung at utexas.edu
Fri Oct 21 01:40:24 UTC 2016

After I start and then shutdown my passthrough VM and then suspend the
host, it won't wake from suspend anymore. As in, once in S3, pressing
the power button simply has no effect. I have to press the reset
button (and sometimes that doesn't work either) and restart the
machine. Suspend works correctly if I never start the VM.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

Hardware: i5-4690, ASRock H97, GTX 1060.
Software: Fedora 24, kernel 4.7.7, qemu 2.6.2, GTX 1060 video and
audio taken by vfio-pci, OVMF VM with Windows 10 managed by libvirt.