[vfio-users] radeon vfio bus information issue?

globalgorrilla at fastmail.fm globalgorrilla at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 24 17:20:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

Pass-through works fine with the the same linux 4.8 VM and nouveau and a
Quadro K2200.

Passing-through both a R7 260X and and a R9 290 I get the same kernel
oops:

IP: [<ffffffffc029efd9>] drm_pcie_get_speed_cap_mask+0x39/0xf0 [drm]

More here:
http://pastebin.com/Waysyk2e

Both the AMD cards work fine if I pass them through to a Windows VM.

I'm supposing this might likely be then an issue with Radeon.

However the oops makes me think perhaps it's breaking on unexpected PCIE
information?

Is it possible there some missing information in that radeon is looking
for that's missing? What PCIE information is passed through by vfio
(lspci from both host and vm also in the pastebin)?

Anybody using radeon with passthrough AMD cards and seen this?

Thanks!