[vfio-users] Problem with installing Windows drivers for Quadro M2000M(GM107GLM)

andrey at anse.me andrey at anse.me
Wed Oct 26 09:25:13 UTC 2016

Does this mean that I either can not passthrough Intel adapter, because I
won't be able to connect external display to NVIDIA card? As I wrote in first
message, there is an external Display port which turns on NVIDIA GPU when
something is connected there. This made me think that NVIDIA is wired to
Display Port and can display picture directly to it.

I tried also to passthrough Intel GPU while external display was connected to
HDMI port. I've got some not very good results, the best was a shattered
picture on Laptop's screen(it looked like 3 copy screens in a column, Windows
wasn't be able to start)

On Oct 26 2016, at 11:44 am, Eddie Yen <missile0407 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, but the laptop usage GPU is not a same as desktop usage GPU.

> Normally GPU has its display output, but the laptop GPU that contains
Optimus technology in other words, is just for 3D rendering and computing.

> The display output is totally using HD530 to work, so the PCI address or sth
will totally different between desktop GPU.

<[andrey at anse.me](mailto:andrey at anse.me)>:

>> Oh, thats sad. Why they do not work? I thought with Quadro device it might
be even easier, since some of cards are support pass-through officially
according to NVIDIA driver release notes.