[vfio-users] GTX1060 Passthrough Error Code 43

Robert Coldbird gentleman.trilby at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:45:01 UTC 2016

I've followed the usual suggestions for making the NVidia drivers comply,
and none yielded useable results so far.

I've disabled the kvm tag, changed the hyperv cpu id tag and even dumped
the cards vbios and attached it to the passthrough.

All of these changes showed no visible change to the way the driver reacted
to my VM.
The gpu works fine as long as I run the windows VGA default driver but the
instant the NVidia driver is installed it bluescreens in the usual code 43
fashion.

Code 43 was verified afterwards using a spice / qxl display.
In addition to that I've written a small C++ tool in Visual Studio to
verify that the kvm tag and hyperv cpu id tags are hidden, and indeed, they
are.

This shows me that, despite all of the usual options being enabled and
proven working, there is still something left in the setup that allows the
NVidia driver to detect the VM environment.

Does anyone of you guys have a clue as to what might be wrong here?