[vfio-users] Asus P6T Deluxe unofficial BIOS

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 22:27:23 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Marco Stagge <spiritblackdiamont at gmail.com>
wrote:

> maybe aw have some more ideas? :)

So I see this in your dmeg:

[    0.865352] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[    0.865398] WARNING: CPU: 11 PID: 1 at drivers/iommu/intel-iommu.c:4747
init_dmars+0x275/0x48d()
[    0.865459] Your BIOS is broken; DMA routed to ISOCH DMAR unit but no
TLB space.
BIOS vendor: American Megatrends Inc.; Ver: 2209   ; Product Version:
System Version

But that just means the BIOS screwed up the audio device in the DMAR and
the VT-d code will use passthrough for that device... ho hum, get a plugin
audio card if you want to assign it to something.  What's the actual
problem?  I don't see a "my BIOS is broken and therefore I can't do
_______________" statement here anywhere.  It looks like VT-d was enabled
otherwise.