[vfio-users] issues about igd-passthrough using vfio-pci

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 03:38:01 UTC 2016

[adding the list back]

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 9:17 PM, fulaiyang <fulaiyang at 163.com> wrote:

> hello,
>     my kernel does include simplefb:CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE=y.QEMU does not
> print any messages when started but the top tree show that qemu'cpu usage
> is always about 100%.I have confirmed that the windows 7 os does not boot.I
> don't know how I can get other qemu information,could you tell me? thanks.
>

>    PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  *%CPU* %MEM     TIME+
> COMMAND
>  9542 root      20   0 2768476 2.028g  11848 S * 99.7* 53.3   3:48.82
> qemu-system-x86

Try removing the modprobe.blacklist and video options from your kernel
command line (the unsafe interrupts thing isn't necessary on your system
either).  After boot, IGD should be bound to i915.  Unbind it, bind to
vfio-pci, and try QEMU again.  Since you have simplefb in your kernel, I
don't trust that it's not claiming device resources as you're using it now.