[vfio-users] Lost link when pass through rtl8168 to guest

Sebastian Hahn mail at sebastianhahn.net
Tue Sep 20 14:24:17 UTC 2016

Hi Alex,

> On 20 Sep 2016, at 16:14, Alex Williamson <alex.williamson at redhat.com> wrote:
> If your PCH root ports report an ACS capability then you can run kernel
> v4.7 kernel on the host to expose the isolation.  If the root ports
> (00:1c.*) do not expose an ACS capability, it's probably a BIOS bug
> similar to Nick's system in this thread
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/vfio-users/2016-September/msg00059.html
> Thanks,

first off, thank you so much for your work on all this, it's been a
great pleasure to discover everything you've done to support device
passthrough.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P that exhibits the same issue that Nick's
system has (I checked with lspci -xxxxs 1c). I want to follow your
recommendation to report this to the vendor, but I do not know how to
describe the issue in a way that they can understand what's going on and
hopefully work on a fix. I guess making more high-quality bugreports
about this will have an actual chance of getting it fixed, rather than
just a single person complaining.

Thank you
Sebastian