[vfio-users] IGD Skylake rom?

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 18:02:23 UTC 2016

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 11:47 AM, José Ramón Muñoz Pekkarinen <
koalinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> > This means there's another (non-pci) driver claiming resources from the
> > device, that's going to be a problem.  If you prevent i915 from binding
> > igd then you also need to prevent the other framebuffers from getting
> > resources.  Use video=efifb:off,vesafb:off to disable both efi and
> non-efi
> > framebuffer drivers.
>
>         Do you know if it's possible to disable simplefb this way?
> video=efifb:off,vesafb:off,simplefb:off or video=efifb:off,vesafb:off,
> simple-
> framebuffer:off doesn't seem to work.

I would have guessed video=simplefb:off per the code, but Fedora kernels
don't even enable simplefb.  Maybe you'd be ahead to let i915 claim the
device and re-bind to vfio-pci runtime.  So long as you don't try to go
back to i915, this usually works fine.