[vfio-users] vendor_id spoofing broken in libvirt 3.2?

Hristo Iliev hristo at hiliev.eu
Thu Apr 6 16:24:09 UTC 2017

I faced the same problem after the last Arch upgrade. Once the initial
frustration was gone, I simply disabled the Hyper-V features and,
honestly, see no difference in how the games I play perform. The Witcher
3 even seems to run a tad smoother, but it could also be due to a recent
GPU driver update or a psychological effect.

Still, having the regression in libvirt fixed would be nice.

Cheers,
Hristo

Am 06.04.2017 15:57, schrieb Nicolas Roy-Renaud:

> Since tuesday, I've been unable to boot into my Windows VM. It always fails to boot with the following error :
>
> error: unknown CPU feature __kvm_hv_vendor_id I thought this might be due to a config error at first, but people on reddit [1] have been getting a similar issue as well, and seem to have the Libvirt 3.2 update to blame for this regression. Is anyone else here getting this and is the bug known to the libvirt devs?
>
> - Nicolas

Links:
------
[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/VFIO/comments/63nr1l