[vfio-users] No video output from dedicated GPU when doing PCI passthrough

Elias Kosunen elias.kosunen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 13:28:56 UTC 2017

XML dump: https://pastebin.com/MFdqSV1F
I haven't touched it by hand at all, it's all generated by virt-manager.

I installed Windows and booted into it. Here's a screengrab of the
Windows Device Manager: http://imgur.com/crC1lsd I was able to install
the drivers for the first one ("Microsoft Basic Display Adapter") and
after the installation its name changed to "MSI AMD R9 380" and its
errors went away. For the others, it couldn't automatically find the
drivers.

For the "HID Button over Interrupt Driver", the status message was:
   This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the
drivers required for this device (Code 31)
   Object Name not found.

And for the others it was the same:
   The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

According to Windows, the "PCI Device" is attached to PCI slot 10, "PCI
Simple Communications Controller" to slot 7 and "Video Controller" to
slot 12. Unfortunately, I was unable to figure out which devices these
refer to.