[vfio-users] Saving/restoring VFIO VMs

Quentin Deldycke quentindeldycke at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 12:02:46 UTC 2017

Yes, but windows *knows* the passed device is then shutdown. At reboot
windows *knows* that the device is "freshly" rebooted.

In your case, another OS (linux) use this card at a moment or another,
reset some bus (when re-binded to vfio). The reset of cards is already
hardly supported by windows / linux driver.

For my case: i know that my r9 290 can hard freeze if i shudown badly my
windows vm: the os is completely unloaded "software speaking" but the card
not, and it is still "powered".
2 options, when i restart the driver crash windows, or the driver crash
windows + the card + the host.

No problem when making a correct windows shut-down / start => the card is
cleanly unloaded by windows and cleanly restarted.

--
Deldycke Quentin