[vfio-users] VM loses mouse

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Sun Apr 30 19:54:59 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-04-30 at 21:37 +0300, Zycorax Tokoroa wrote:
> > Following advice from a private message, I attempted to add the evdev option
> > within the QEMU XML (see https://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html for examples).
> > However this didn't work:
> >
> > 1) I ran 'virsh edit ...' and changed the opening line to:
> > <domain type='kvm' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>;;
> > There were no objections from virsh but the change was simply discarded in the XML.
> >
> > 2) http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0 doesn't seem to be a
> > valid URL.
> >
> > 3) Adding <qemu:commandline> options to the XML threw a syntax error
> > from virsh.
> >
> > poc
> >

> My mistake for not pressing reply to list.
>
> I have no explanation for why (1) wasn't saved, but I suggest you look
> into that as it's the cause for issue (3).

Clearly. Note that it's discarded silently, with no error message.

According to https://askubuntu.com/questions/307066/i-cant-add-domain-type-kvm-xmlnsqemu-http-libvirt-org-schemas-domain-qe#458370
the namespace is discarded if it's not used, but the attempt to use
it is what gives the error from virsh:

error: (domain_definition):5: error parsing attribute name
        <qemu:arg value='-object'/>

I presume that's because the namespace isn't being found at the URL,
but that's just a guess as there's no explicit indication..

> (2) is in the documentation https://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html (under
> "Pass-through of arbitrary qemu commands") so it is valid even if
> there's no backing page.

I know it's in the documentation. Either the documentation is wrong or
there's something else missing.

poc