[vfio-users] Unable to isolate HDMI device

LOMBARD Maxime berillions at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 06:47:16 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a big problem on my Gentoo. A problem which does not exist on my Debian in the same Desktop.

1- i added in "/etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf" the ids for my gtx970, gpu and HDMI

2- i added the vfio module in "/etc/conf.d/modules" to load them during the boot.

After the reboot, there is only the VGA device which is attached to vfio, the HDMI is still used by intel_hda module.

You can see my message in the gentoo forum :
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1067110.html

Thanks for your help.
Maxime