[vfio-users] Is there some method to merge 2 iommu group if I disable ACS

Alex Williamson alex.l.williamson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 12:43:30 UTC 2017

On Aug 7, 2017 5:39 AM, "Wuzongyong (Euler Dept)" <cordius.wu at huawei.com>
wrote:

Hi,

Assume that an endpoint device(called ep1) belongs to iommu group 1, and
another endpoint device(called ep2) belongs to iommu group 2.

Moreover, these two devices locate in different downstream ports of the
same switch respectively. If I disable the ACS of these downstream

ports,  we know ep1 and ep2 should locate in the same iommu group. So the
question is if I can regenerate a iommu group to let ep1 and ep2

locate in the same iommu group and let ep1 and ep2  can’t be assigned to
two different VMs without  host rebooting?

Why would you want to be able to do this?