[vfio-users] Is there some method to merge 2 iommu group if I disable ACS ?

Wuzongyong (Euler Dept) cordius.wu at huawei.com
Tue Aug 8 06:20:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

Assume that an endpoint device(called ep1) belongs to iommu group 1, and another endpoint device(called ep2) belongs to iommu group 2.
Moreover, these two devices locate in different downstream ports of the same switch respectively. If I disable the ACS of these downstream
ports,  we know ep1 and ep2 should locate in the same iommu group. So the question is if I can regenerate a iommu group to let ep1 and ep2
locate in the same iommu group and let ep1 and ep2  can't be assigned to two different VMs without  host rebooting?

Thanks,
Cordius Wu