[vfio-users] 'dnf update' killed working VM

Patrick O'Callaghan poc at usb.ve
Wed Aug 9 20:55:00 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-08-09 at 13:24 -0500, David wrote:
> Anyone else having trouble with a recent version of KVM / QEMU?  Also
> I am still a Linux newbie, how should I troubleshoot this?

For one thing, you could start by looking in the QEMU log file and/or
the system journal. You don't give any information about the VM (e.g. I
assume you're using GPU passthrough but you don't say anything about
it) so it's going to be hard for anyone else to guess what the problem
is. Perhaps if you post the XML file it might give someone a clue.

Also, note that Fedora 24 was EOL-ed today. You should update your
system to at least F25 as soon as possible. I'm on F26 and having no
problems.

poc